OverviewTraining Opportunities in the Section for Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
The Section for Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at The University of Chicago draws upon the enormous resources and diversity of our Section, Department, and Division to offer distinguished training programs in the fields of Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Sleep Medicine, and Interventional Pulmonology. Additionally, Post-Doctoral Research Programs are available for training.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (3 years in the ACGME program with an opportunity for an additional research training year)
- Critical Care Medicine (1 year ACGME program for applicants who have previously completed a 2-3 year internal medicine subspecialty)
- Sleep Medicine (1 year ACGME program)
- Interventional Pulmonology (1 year AABIP program)
- Post-Doctoral Research Program
Training at the University of Chicago
The University of Chicago and its Medical Center are home to over 90 accredited graduate medical education (GME) training programs. At the forefront of care and discovery since 1927, the University of Chicago Medical Center can look back on a rich history and is a leading academic medical institution. It is an outstanding place to learn, grow, and develop your career. Please see the University of Chicago Graduate Medical Education pages to see learn more about what makes training here truly exceptional and get to know the resources at your disposal.