Living in Chicago
Chicago is an incredible place to live, work, and call home. A true world-class city, we think the Second City is second to none! Don’t just take our word for it, explore why the Chicago has something for everyone.
Home to almost 3 million people, the informal capital of the Midwest is a major hub for arts, culture, education, science, and industry.
- Voted the Best Big City in the US by Condé Nast – 6 Years in a Row!
- Ranked 7th Most Livable City in the US by The Economist’s Economist Intelligence Unit (and tied for 39th in the world)
- One of the Fine Dining Capitals in the US – Chicago is home to 23 restaurants awarded at least one Michelin star
- One of only eleven US cities to have a team from all five major American sports leagues (in fact, we’ve got two major league baseball teams!)
- A World’s Top Architecture City with one of the largest collection of skyscrapers in the world, you can admire work by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Frank Lloyd Wright in the City and the Chicagoland area
- Home to the famed Second City Comedy Club, one of the most influential comey theaters in the world (alumni include Dan Akroyd, John Belushi, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Chris Farley, Tina Fay, Amy Poehler, Bill Murray… the list goes on an on!)
- Our gateway Chicago O’Hare Airport is one of the largest airports world-wide and the US airport with the most direct connections around the world